The World Health Organization has just declared the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (CoViD-19) a global pandemic. Here in the Philippines, there has also been a rise in number of confirmed cases in recent days. In response to this, the national government has ordered a community quarantine in Metro Manila and other provinces that would find its number of confirmed cases also increased.
As an effect, mass gatherings of any form have been prohibited for the time being and social distancing is advised when going out. Hence, the Cultural Center of the Philippines is taking action to cancel all its shows, exhibits and public events for the month of March.
The CCP has made this decision to prioritize the safety and well-being of its guests, patrons, and employees.
Here’s a list of all the cancelled shows and events at the CCP:
- Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra (PPO) Concert Series VII, scheduled on March 13, 2020
- Ballet Philippines’ Rama Hari, slated on March 20 to 29, 2020
- CCP ArtHouse Cinema film screenings on March 12, 14, 26 and 28, 2020
- Allegories and Realities: Ofelia Gelvezon-Tequi In Retrospect guided tours on March 12, 14, 26 and 28, 2020
- Crystal-making workshop with artist Samantha Feleo, slated on March 21, 2020
The CCP Galleries, Library, and Gift Shop will also be closed to the public until further notice.